Sunday, August 14, 2011

Raw Food Living

If you had told me a year ago that I was going to go completely raw...well, I wouldn't have understood what you meant.  I don't even think I realized that "raw foodists" exist.  I mean really, how could someone live on raw food alone?  What do they eat?  That would have been my very first question.  And just like so many out there, I would have answered my own question with the famous wrong answer in the form of a question, Salads?

Toppling the scales at 224lbs was unacceptable for me.  I didn't see any way to stop it though.  I have tried low calorie, low fat, low carb, low carb low fat, low fat low calorie and even low carb low calorie.  Dr Atkins, Dr Shapiro, Weight Watchers, The Zone, Protien Power, Dr Phil, Grapefruits, Cabbage Soup, vegetarian and vegan diets are a part of the past 15 years.  Nothing seemed to work for me. 

I have been raw for 5 weeks exactly today.  July 10th was the day that I decided to live.  That is the only way I can describe the way I feel.  I have lost 20lbs since day one.  I feel satisfied with my food and I am healthy.  I now eat to live.  Join me on this journey.  I promise to post everything good and anything bad that may come about.  Here are some pictures of me at the beginning of my journey. 






No comments:

Post a Comment